Boost your leadership skills and expand your network by being part of a CREW-OKC Committee—all while making a difference in our mission to advance the success of women in commercial real estate. Committee members learn about the operations of CREW-OKC, connect with other dedicated members, and gain the valuable experience needed for future leadership positions within CREW-OKC.
All current CREW-OKC members are welcome to explore the opportunity of committee service.
Interested in joining? Contact a member of the Board today
Career Outreach Committee
The mission of the Career Outreach Committee is to lead and assist CREW OKC in making a real and direct impact on the lives of young women in our community. The Committee and its individual members need to:
- Be active and participating members of CREW OKC
- Be group diverse in it skill sets, experience levels, disciplines and ethnic diversity.
- Be in communication with the CREW OKC Chapter Board
- Understand the chapter’s strategic plan and initiatives for the year
- Be knowledgeable about the programs and support offered outside of the chapter:
- UCREW (college students)
- CREW Careers (high school students)
- Peer-to-peer mentoring programs
- Any additional programs created and supported by the Network and the Foundation
- Successful programs implemented in other chapters
Responsibilities of the Career Outreach Committee include:
- Determining when and whether your chapter is ready to a support a career outreach program
- Implementing a planning strategy that will enable success
- Identifying and selecting strong volunteers and volunteer program partners
- Organizing event details to maximize your program’s impact
- Researching best practices from other chapters and cataloging valuable program forms, check-lists and marketing tools for implementation in our chapter.
- Communicating with the CREW Board of Directors, the CREW Network and the CREW Foundation
The Finance Committee is responsible for the fiscal oversight of CREW OKC. The Chapter Treasurer should serve as Chairman of the Finance Committee. Responsibilities of the Finance Committee include:
- Overseeing the financial practices, budget process, and fiscal policies of the organization.
- Reviewing periodic financial statements and monitor performance.
- Preparing and/or reviewing the annual budget to be approved by the Board of Directors.
- Monitoring investments and providing recommendations for reserves.
- Overseeing the annual audit, if necessary.
Shellback General Contracting
The Membership Committee is the “face” of the CREW OKC. As a member of this Committee, you are representing the Chapter and encouraging others to join. Therefore, the Committee and its individual members need to be:
- Active and participating members of CREW OKC
- In communication with the CREW OKC Chapter Board
- Understand the strategic plan and initiatives for the year
- Knowledgeable about the benefits of CREW Network and CREW OKC
- A group diverse in it skill sets, experience levels, disciplines and ethnic diversity.
Responsibilities of the Membership Committee include:
- Analyzing current Chapter makeup
- Setting goals for membership diversity (discipline, generational, and ethnic/cultural)
- Creating and implementing a successful recruitment plan
- Researching active real estate companies and recruiting members in those organizations.
- Reviewing and vetting membership applications to insure that applicants meet membership requirements as outlined in Article
The success of the Programs Committee significantly impacts the brand, the recruitment and the retention of CREW OKC members and sponsors. The goals of the Programs Committee include:
- Delivering programming that provides value to members and enhances CREW OKC's brand.
- Creating a mix of professional development, skill building, educational and networking events that are of high-quality.
- Selecting topics that are relevant and timely to CREW OKC's market.
The Programs Committee will supervise and be responsible for all tasks involving the programs of CREW OKC including:
- Developing and/or reviewing the annual budget and a budget for each program.
- Communicating with the Board of Directors.
- Creating/overseeing a master calendar of chapter programs and events including important dates of other local industry and key community organizations.
- Selecting the venue and coordinating details for each program.
- Identifying program Ideas.
- Identifying and procuring speakers and/or a moderator, if necessary.
- Promoting programs internally and externally.
- Coordinating/overseeing all "day-of" details for each event.
- Providing list of guest attendees to Membership Committee for follow-up.